Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nicki Minaj 'Moment 4 Life' Makeup

I love Nicki Minaj, so I was really excited when this video debuted. Not only is the video adorable, I'm kind of in love with Nicki's makeup.


For the above look, you'll need fake lashes--these are an absolute must! I suggest going with the Plush lashes from Urban Decay. You want thickness and drama, and these fulfill both of those needs, plus these lashes fan out at the ends which makes your eyes look a lot larger. A good gel-eyeliner will need to be applied on your upper lid all the way to the inner corners of your eyes. If you're on a budget, try Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. I've found it works really well for more dramatic looks.

In the video it looks as if Nicki is wearing a very pale shade of shadow to make her eyes look a little larger. Depending on your skin tone, you can choose something really light and matte, such as Blanc Type by MAC Cosmetics. This is a matte shadow that applies quite seamlessly.


Now for the best part, the lower-lid turquoise liner. Try Flipside, by Urban Decay, a vibrant, easy to apply turquoise liner that will make your eyes look amazing. You won't need anything else on your lower lids--just the most vibrant turquoise liner you can find.

Finish off the look with either a pale, almost neutral pink such as Maybelline SuperstayLipcolor in Born with It or you could go for more of a vibrant, hot pink look with Maybelline's Fuschia Fever.

Even more than Nicki's turquoise lids, I love the main look she wears in this video. It's different and fun without being over the top--I could actually see myself wearing this look on a regular basis for date night or a girl's night out.


You'll need fake lashes again, but you want ones that won't overpower the glitter on your lids. Try Minx or Gilfriend, by Urban Decay. Use gel liner for this look, too, but make the liner thicker and slightly upturned towards the outer corners of your eyes, and then thinner at the inner corners.

Makeup Forever has a great line of loose glitter, which can work as an eyeshadow, eyeliner, or body glitter. Each glitter pot retails for about $13.

To replicate Nicki's look, try the Multicolored White #3 (an iridescent white glitter) or White Violet #4 (opalescent white). It looks like Nicki's glitter has both gold and silver tones, depending on the lighting, so you could also try Sand #11 (a metallic tan glitter).

Before you apply the glitter, you'll need to prime your lids with either a foundation that's an exact match for your skin-tone, or some standard primer that is also a close match to your skin tone. Use an eyeshadow brush for the upper lid, and use a thin eyeliner brush for the inner corners of your lower lids.

Instead of loose glitter, you can also use glitter eyeshadow, like Bobby Dazzle from the Urban Decay Stardust line.


Finish the look with neutral-pink lipstick, such as Maybelline's Born with It (as you can probably tell by now, I'm definitely a big fan of this color) or MAC Please Me, which is a great shade if you want a light pink that's noticeable without taking away attention from the rest of your makeup.

Nicki is a huge style inspiration for me, and I loved her on this week's SNL. "The Creep" video by Lonely Island was hilarious (check it out if you haven't seen it).

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Τhanks fοr your marνеlous posting! I гeally еnjoyed гeаding it,
you arе a greаt author.I wіll remembeг to boоkmагk уour blοg and definitely will сomе back later in life.

I want to еncourage contіnue your grеаt job,
have а nice weekend!

mу blоg post lightest running shoes ever
My webpage: http://www.runningshoescenter.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with? I'm
planning to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a difficult time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.
P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

my web-site garnier dark spot Corrector coupons

Anonymous said...

Good post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thank you!

my web page; 1993 dodge cummins for sale

Anonymous said...

Hey! I realize this is kind of off-topic however I needed to
ask. Does building a well-established website like yours
require a large amount of work? I am brand new to writing a blog
but I do write in my journal daily. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!

my homepage diaper coupons
Also see my web page: huggies rewards

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I know this is somewhat off topic but
I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

My homepage: vera wang wedding shoes

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really
make my blog stand out. Please let me know where you got
your theme. Thanks a lot

My website: Methadone Clinics
My site: Methadone Clinics

Anonymous said...

Αpрreciаting the dеԁicatiοn уou put into
your ѕite anԁ in depth informatіon you оffer.
It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the ѕame outdated rеhashed
іnformation. Excellent reaԁ! I've saved your site and I'm incluԁіng youг RSS feеԁs to my Google aсcount.


My blog :: Refill Cartomizers

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems
with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due
to no backup. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?


My homepage; Treatment Of Opiate Addiction
Also see my web site: Symptoms Of Methadone Withdrawal

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your blog. You have some really good posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love
to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Thanks!

Also visit my weblog - olive green cargo pants

Anonymous said...

Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and
i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a
lot of spam feedback? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

My website - Pure Green Tea Extract

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this
website with us so I came to take a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Superb blog and superb design.

My blog :: breakfast catering nyc

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice,
keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later. Cheers

Here is my homepage printable 7th grade math worksheets